Five riders set off from Rippleside, under the leadership of Dave Simpson – Dirk, Barbara, Kevin and Helen.
The ride went along the new path beside Balmoral Quay, then to Limeburners Lagoon via Lascelles Wharf, and on to Lara via Hovells Creek. As usual, there was flooding under the highway (made worse by a new curb which, instead of holding the creek waters back, stops the water from draining off the path. (This issue has been added to the current survey into shared paths.*)
Coffee was a X-presso, before a return on much the same route.
Thanks to ride leader and all riders.
City of Geelong – Shared Trails Masterplan
* The City is surveying shared paths throughout the region, asking for feedback and suggestions. In particular, the aim will be to fill gaps where paths do not join up, and solve issues. There are several more face to face sessions, and an online map, on which you can add your comments, upload photos and view issues raised by others. Please add your feedback – you are the expert on paths you use frequently.
- 8 August, 2019 – Bellarine Community Health Centre, 39 Fenwick Street, Portarlington
- 10 August, 2019 – Waurn Ponds Library, (meeting room) 230 Pioneer Road, Grovedale
- 15 August, 2019 – Lara Hall, 1B Flinders Ave, Lara
- 22 August, 2019 – fOrt Youth Centre, Cnr Melbourne and St. George Rds, Norlane
After the survey, the identified needs will be prioritised and dealt with as funds become available (for have your say on issues that concern you – the more feedback, the higher the priority).