The City of Geelong’s long awaited elections are now in progress. Your votes need to be posted by next Friday, October 27th.
As cyclists, we know you’re committed to safe cycling and improved cycling facilities. When making your voting decisions, consider asking your local candidates about their commitment to cycling.
Ask targeted questions like:
- Do you ride a bike?/When was the last time you rode one? (We know, for example, that Mik Aidt, a candidate in Brownbill, rides a cargo bike in his election campaigning.)
- How would you improve cycling facilities (add the name of the area where you live) … e.g. Drysdale, City Centre, Bellarine Rail Trail?
- Are you aware of the Principal Bicycle Network? How committed are you to ensuring that this becomes reality? To which routes would you give priority?
- What are your priorities for improving cycling safety throughout Geelong?
- How would you improve safe cycling routes to … (name the school where your children attend)?
You can find contact details for all candidates on the Electoral Commission website.
Do your homework to find the very best council to promote Geelong as a SAFE CYCLING CITY.