Welcome to the home of Cycling Geelong, a recreational cycling club established for cyclists of all abilities from beginners to experienced.
Our mission is for supportive, cooperative companionship and enjoyment of the Geelong region’s great cycling assets.
TRY CYCLING – EVERYONE WELCOME
Happy safe riding – Cycling Geelong
SOCIAL EVENTS AND CLUB MEETINGS
Cycling Geelong holds bi-monthly dinner meetings, and occasional other functions. The Annual General Meeting is held in July each year.
The next dinner will be on Tuesday July 18th, at the Belmont Hotel – dinner from 6pm. This is followed by the annual general meeting of Cycling Geelong. Please contact Stephanie if you plan to attend (bookings needed for dinner).
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The 2017 Annual General Meeting of Cycling Geelong will be held on Tuesday, July 18th, at 8pm at the Belmont Hotel, High Street, Belmont.
(Dinner at 6:30pm – please let Stephanie Andrews know if you are coming for dinner)
The business of the AGM is
- to confirm the minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting;
- to receive and consider the financial reports;
- to receive and consider the President’s report, Membership report, Ride Coordinator’s report, Social Secretary’s report and Webmaster’s Report;
- To elect office bearers and committee for the forthcoming year. These include President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and General Committee Members. Financial members are eligible to vote. (Membership subscriptions are due on July 1 each year – membership renewal form on the Members’ Area of the website.);
- to discuss any other items of business as notified to the secretary at least 14 days prior to the AGM. *
*Under the rules of Cycling Geelong Inc. any items of business need to be sent to the secretary at least 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting (i.e. by Tuesday, 4th July, 2017).
An agenda will be circulated to club members around two weeks prior to the AGM.
Nominations for Office Bearers and Committee
All positions become vacant at the AGM. Please consider becoming a committee member or office bearer to support your club, or nominate someone else for this role. Nominations to be sent to the secretary. Nomination forms can be downloaded from the Members’ Area of the Cycling Geelong website.